Who does not want a long life? Or who in his or her right senses would truthfully seek death? Yes people commit suicide but not because they’re so fine and healthy. Suicide is to them, a better option to their current or preceding misery. This is not to mock them, but if a wild animal breaks loose, they also would run for their lives. The point of this is in essence is that everyone wants to live! Having established this, would you care to know what might be shortening your lifespan gradually? Your answer should determine if you would continue or not. You’ll be blown away with this knowledge!
- BAD SLEEPING HABITS – To not sleep for long enough and to sleep for too long are both dangerous. A research carried out at Harvard Medical school gives the results that points to an increased mortality rate for an individual that either sleeps less than five hours or more than nine hours a day, continuously. It is associated with not just direct death, but disease that would definitely lead to it. Not getting enough sleep can cause diabetes, dementia, cancer, cardiovascular disease, amongst others.
- AVOIDING ORGASM – For some people, orgasm is the goal of having sex. Some others think it is to be avoided because of the chance of impregnating or getting impregnated. Most persons would agree that having kids should be a conscious decision and not a mistake or fun gone wrong. However, avoiding orgasm for a period of time is equivalent to reducing your life span. Research say it can reduce mortality rate to as high as 50% compared to those who have orgasms. It wouldn’t hurt to use a condom, achieving both the occurrence of an unwanted pregnancy and not increasing your mortality rate.
- EATING AT YOUR DESK – Eating at your desk can be very deadly especially if you work in an office where you have a stack of files on your desk. Do you know you work space contains more than 200 times of germs you will ever find on the toilet seat? These germs are obviously deadly and would kill at gradually.
- WATCHING THE TELEVISION SET FOR LONG – It has been scientifically proven that long term physical inactivity can kill you. When you sit down at the same spot and stare at the television seeing one series for a long while, you risk dying five years earlier.
- LACK OF EXERCISE – When you don’t exercise yourself, you stand the chance of having a stroke! You might age too quickly and have a heart attack. Inflexibility and arthritis can also lead to dying early.
- DRINKING TOO QUICKLY – Especially of water, drinking a large volume too quickly can kill even faster. Your kidney won’t be able to process it quickly enough and that would make your brain and lungs swell. This can lead to death.
Many of these habits are everyday activities for many people but we must understand that poison is not bitter and so not all we enjoy is good for our health.