There?s nothing that your kids will love more than a good old peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Take it up a notch by turning the classic sandwich into a healthy whole wheat muffin shaped like everyone?s favorite cartoon character, Mickey Mouse!
It?s a delicious combination of the peanut butter flavor with a sweet jelly topping, great for breakfast, lunch, afternoon or anytime someone needs an energy-boosting snack. Read on for the delicious recipe.
Mickey Mouse Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins:
Makes: 8-9 PB&J muffins
- 2 Medium Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 1/2 cup Smooth and Natural Peanut Butter or Sunflower Butter
- 1/4 cup Real Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup naturally sweetened or low in sugar raspberry preserve
- Raw Peanuts, chopped (Optional)
- Mickey Mouse muffin mold (available from the Disney Store)
- Preheat oven until 350 F.
- Grease your mold with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix the mashed bananas, maple syrup, peanut butter, vanilla, and coconut oil.
- Stir until completely combined.
- In a large bowl, mix the salt, baking powder and flour.
- Using your hands, make a well in the center of the flour and pour the banana-maple mixture.
- Stir until batter is very thick.
- Evenly divide the batter in the muffin mold, pour until each is half-full.
- Press it down using fingers.
- Smear a teaspoon of raspberry on top of the muffins, sprinkled chopped peanuts (optional).
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- Cool before removing.