A firefighter is a pretty easy term to understand, but for those who don’t speak English, it might not be perfectly apparent. So when a Chinese restaurant calls the department up to get rid of the ice covering the walkway, a few explanations have to happen.
They salted down the walkway, got some free egg rolls, and they all had a good laugh. Since they’re often known as firemen (or women) in many parts of the country, the confusion is understandable, though did the restaurant owner really think they would bring fire and unleash it on some poor, unsuspecting ice?
It's Called a Shower. You Should Use It
An orange glow sounds scary, (but not really) we get it. If you see anything suspicious, the safest route to take is calling someone for help, but maybe even this simple rule is bound to be abused by people who aren't that great at thinking.
We still wonder how could she have thought that a little bit of reflected light was an open flame? We mean, has she never been outside, but also never been to her own shower? We really need someone to explain this one to us.
Careful With Those Moving Parts
This little story tells us that even though firefighters have a lot of weight on their shoulders when it comes to saving people, there are also some much smaller jobs that are quite common. Chief among them, it seems, is helping people and pets extricate themselves from the mechanisms of reclining chairs.
If you've ever toyed around with one of those, you know that, yeah, people could get stuck in them pretty easily. We also hear that the firefighter has actually rescued a bird from a tree. How does that work? Do the birds not realize they can fly?
Stuck to the Chair
This firefighting family probably has lots of fun stories to trade, but likely this is one of the more interesting ones. And by interesting we mean gross. A guy was in his easy chair for so long – without even getting up to use the bathroom – that he was sort of...fused to the chair. Thanks to all his...leavings. Ugh.
We bet that members of a fire department are happy whenever a day goes by they don't have to rescue a child from a building, but every once in a while a nice cleansing fire sounds like a better option.
A Very Important Fact at the End
Well, thank goodness that he and the cat survived – wait, was there anyone else in the building? Hopefully no. This not-too-bright person stored the gas for his home generator in open paint buckets inside his garage.
If he had stored them in closed containers, it would have been fine, but leaving them open allows the fumes to spread through the garage. When he tried to light his gas grill – inside the garage – all of the fumes ignited. Thankfully he lived, though “lived” is a pretty broad term. We hope he learned his lesson.